3D printing is growing by leaps and bounds but until I saw Pam, a new advanced 3D printer from Paris-based Pollen AM, I thought they were all so ugly. Pam, crafted of wood, is the first attractive 3D printer. One I’d be proud to leave out.
The First Attractive 3D Printer
For demanding professionals, creating custom products or a small scale series is challenging. A versatile and profitable system can help. The new wood, patented Pam 3D Printer by Pollen may just be the answer.
Pam has no installation required and uses WiFi or ethernet connectivity. A remote control allows you to use PAM from any device, anywhere. It’s the first 3D printer to use pellets as a raw materials and Pam can use up to four materials simultaneously.
Fully automated and designed to work with specific software, Pam has auto-calibration, live error control and cloud control.
Pam gives you commercial quality output and is fast and cost-effective.
Other examples of items made with Pam include eyeglass frames, vessels, shoe inserts and surfboard fins:
From its electronics to its mechanical parts, Pollen stopped at nothing to design and engineer Pam. For its performance, of course, but also for its aesthetics.
Pam is the first 3D Printer to use pellets as a raw materials. Each set comes with a selection of materials, with all the intended properties, Smart Support materials and an array of colors. And there is more: materials can be filled with natural fibers, carbon, minerals, metal particles or textiles to obtain even more possibilities.
From the mathematical models governing Pam, to the user interface, the Pollen team has engineered from the ground up its Honeyprint software to ensure optimal quality and maximum versatility.
The essence of Honeyprint is to evolve with its users, offering enhanced performances, both mechanical and digital, over time.
SUMMATION OF FEATURES
• Honeyprint – the software powering Pam.
• The largest range of materials with infinite properties – industrial grade quality Thermoplastics, silicones, composites & filled materials. Flexibility, elasticity, strength, transparency and colors, skin and food contact.
• Remote control – From any device, anywhere. No installation required
• Production Management – Store, verify and monitor your 3D models on the go
• Made to scale- From a single Pam up to 100 Pam/user
• Any file format – STL, amf, obj… from any CAD software
• Update & Upgrade – Automatically, thanks to their Cloud solution
• API – Giving you access to every parameter for custom control
• Eco-friendly – Clean and respectful materials for a responsible and healthy experience. Without any restrictions
• Unbeatable price – The best and shortest sourcing: straight from the producer directly to you
PRICE: €1600 ($1685.24 USD) excl. VAT
And questions or live outside of France? Contact them here
About Pollen AM
Pollen AM is a french start-up formed by a team of the best doctors and engineers within their various fields: they are PhDs in micro nano electronic, in physical chemistry of soft materials, electronics and mechanics engineer, optical specialized physicist and, of course, software. The company has been researching and developing its 3D Printer for 5 years under the radar. Pollen AM offers the first real technological breakthrough for 15 years in the 3D Printing field. The printer is able to print multi-material finished products locally, on demand, for a fraction of the actual prices. Founded at the end of 2013, the company is supported by Business Angels and is currently undergoing its Series A round.