While I am usually singing the praises of CHANEL, I fear their latest 2010 Spring Summer Couture Collection is making me slightly nauseated. Pearlized pastel confections walked down the runway donning Minnie Mouse-Meets- Bride of Frankenstein hairdos in the latest Haute Couture Collection from CHANEL.
CHANEL 2010 Spring Summer Haute Couture
Looking like sugared Easter eggs on parade, the latest gowns and suits from CHANEL are clad in pastel and silver metallics, accessorized with metallic gold and silver fingerless gloves, shimmery tights, iridescent gauze, pearl laden shoes and lots of futuristic versions of their classic suits.
As always, the clothes are beautifully crafted, the detailing impeccably produced, but I fear this particular collection is a bit too sweet for my taste. The pale pinks, peaches, greens, lavender, baby blues and yellows look like butter mints and it makes me long for the austere black and white that Chanel is often known for.
As you can see above and below, the skirt has become the skort in many of the designs and the classic tweed jackets have taken on metallic buttons and ornate detailing that is similar to fondant.
I do dig the pearl accented metallic boots, though:
and a few of the gown like the one below:
Even the giant bows with their signature camellia in the hair of the models were overkill.
Is that a rotary phone cord?
The Bride and Groom finale:
To see the entire collection visit CHANEL here.
I’ve sung the praises of CHANEL more often than not as you can see from the links below:
• •From Surf To Snow To Skates & Scooters – THE 2010 CHANEL SPORT COLLECTION
• •Lilly Allen & Karl Lagerfeld Introduce The CHANEL COCO COCOON Collection
• •The CHANEL Fall 09/10 Haute Couture Collection Debut At the Grand Palais
• •Smellavision: New Chanel No.5 Film (quotes, stills, casting and more)
• •2008 Chanel Sports Gear For Fashionista Athletes
• •The Mobile Chanel Art Exhibit
• •CHANEL’s New Pavilion in Venice by Zaha Hadid