These 12 Women Got A Barbie In Their Likeness! Meet Them and Their Dolls.
Mattel is honoring 12 female role models from all over the world this year with a one-of-a-kind Barbie doll in their likeness. Part of Mattel’s multi-year global initiative, the Barbie Dream Gap Project, these women have been selected for their ability to serve as a reminder that girls can be anything.
2022 Barbie Role Models
Created in 2018 the project raises awareness around limiting factors that prevent girls from reaching their full potential. So far they’ve committed over one million dollars to nonprofit partners as part of their mission to achieve equality by fueling education, leadership skills and mentorship opportunities for girls.
Mattel, who announced this on International Women’s Day, is shining a light on the following women who are leaders in their respective industries of tech, wellness, STEM, education and more:
• Shonda Rhimes (United States) – Founder of American Television Production Company Shondaland
• Ari Horie (United States/Japan) – Founder & CEO, Women’s Startup Lab and Women’s Startup Lab Impact Foundation
• Pat McGrath (United Kingdom) – Makeup Artist and Founder of Pat McGrath Labs
• Melissa Sariffodeen (Canada) – CEO and Co-Founder of Canada Learning Code and Ladies Learning Code
• Adriana Azuara (Mexico) – Founder of All4Spas
• Doani Emanuela Bertain (Brazil) – Teacher and Founder of Sala 8
• Jane Martino (Australia) – Chair and Co-Founder of Smiling Mind
• Lan Yu (China) – Fashion Designer
• Butet Manurung (Indonesia) – Founder and Director of SOKOLA
• Sonia Peronaci (Italy) – Founder of Italian food website, ‘GialloZafferano’
• Tijen Onaran (Germany) – CEO and Founder of Global Digital Women and Co-Founder of ACI Diversity Consulting
• Lena Mahfouf (France) – Digital Creator, Videographer and Author of ‘Always More’