Designed by Young & Battaglia, the King Edison pendant lamp combines whimsy with functionality. A tiny functioning chandelier is suspended inside a hand blown clear glass bulb with satin chrome fittings and hung on a braided silken cable.
King Edison Pendant Lamp
The name, King Edison, is tongue-in-cheek nod to the regal design of the chandelier and the lightbulb’s original inventor. The piece is made in England by Mineheart, the design consultant company and online store launched by Brendan Young and Vanessa Battaglia in 2010.
above: designers Brendan Young and Vanessa Battaglia
The lamp was one of 2 new exciting lighting designs launched at the New York ICFF this past May. The other was the “Nightingale” figurine table lamp shown below (not yet available for purchase):
The King Edison Pendant Lamp:
• Ideal for handing individually or in clusters for maximum effect.
• Current lead time: 4-6 weeks
• For use with a 12 volt power supply, (transformer included).
• Supplied with a 2 metre braided cable and ceiling rose (longer cable available on request).
• Bulb dimensions: 15cm x 21cm
Price: $770.78 (£480.00)
Order it here