One of the world’s most spectacular triplex residences, the ClockTower, with views to die for and a price tag of $25 million, has just gone on the market. Perched atop One Main Street in DUMBO, Brooklyn, the light, airy and open modern space is punctuated by four enormous functioning clocks that double as windows.
The ClockTower Residence
Originally built in 1914, the iconic ClockTower space, already famous for its four gigantic clocks, has been transformed into a 7,000 square foot penthouse with fabulous living and entertaining quarters, state-of-the-art technology and arguably NYC’s most extraordinary views.
The ClockTower residence was designed and renovated by David Walentas, the developer and principal of Two Trees. Walentas, who had the vision to shape DUMBO into the sought-after neighborhood it is today, spent years crafting the ClockTower into a discerning, unique property. “We meticulously re-created the original space into a home that offers arguably one of the world’s greatest views,” said Walentas. “The ClockTower itself rises close to the East River and offers sweeping vistas of the Statue of Liberty, the Brooklyn Bridge, the Manhattan Bridge and the entire New York City Skyline.”
Atrium is open through the three floors:
The elevator to the ClockTower has a private key access and opens onto a contemporary atrium. The ClockTower boasts strikingly modern design, superb entertainment spaces, and comfortable living quarters, with panoramic views throughout the residence. “It supersedes real estate; it’s a work of art that cannot be duplicated,” said Asher Abehsera, Vice President for Two Trees residential properties.
Spacious walk-in closets, solid rift-sawn white oak floors, an Italian custom-made kitchen featuring white lacquer cabinets, stainless steel, Pietra Cardosa countertops and Gaggeneau appliances are all part of the residence’s luxurious and functional appeal.
Above all, it is the allure of the four clockface windows, the overwhelming natural light, and unrivaled views that distinguishes this spectacular space from all others. Even the gorgeous pedestal bathtub in the master bathroom looks out onto sweeping vistas of lower Manhattan:
6,800 SF TRIPLEX TOWER IN THE 1914 LANDMARK CLOCK TOWER BUILDING
16th Floor 3,095 sf / 16’ ceiling
17th Floor 2,330 sf / 11’ ceiling
18th Floor 988 sf / 15’ceiling
19th Floor 400 sf / private roof deck
• Four 14’ diameter clocks with glass faces provide panoramic 360° views
• “Smart Home” technology includes integrated Crestron system for heating, air conditioning,
• lighting, audio/visual system and sun control
• Private Elevator & Staircase: Custom glass enclosed 3-story elevator and architectural wrap-around stair featuring stainless steel and glass railing and solid white oak treads
• Kitchen by Canova: Custom Italian kitchen with cabinets in white lacquer, Pietra Cardosa stone and stainless steel countertops with integral sinks and appliances by Gaggenau and Sub-Zero
• Bathrooms feature natural stone ﬂ oors with radiant heat, glass wall tile, European designed ﬁxtures and ﬁttings by Dornbracht
• Wood ﬂoors throughout are solid, rift-sawn 5” white oak planks
• Central 4-pipe fancoil system for heating and cooling
MONTHLY COMMON CHARGES $2,687
ANNUAL REAL ESTATE TAXES $20,958 (2008/2009)
OFFERED AT $25 MILLION
For more information call Asher Abehsera at 00-1-646-724-2880.
About The Management Company:
Two Trees Management Co. owns most of the Brooklyn neighborhood of DUMBO (“Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass”) as well as significant properties in the Downtown Brooklyn, Brooklyn Heights, Cobble Hill, Boerum Hill area. The company’s holdings include 13 buildings and the second largest portfolio of commercial space on the Brooklyn waterfront, which spans 3 million square feet.
all images and information courtesy of Two Trees Management Co.