I’ve always wanted to keep people out of my ‘bubble’ and with this geodesic Garden Igloo I can do just that. It’s an easy-to-assemble private outdoor conservatory that can be set up anywhere and stay up all year round.
Your Own Garden Igloo
Created by Turkish designer Cagla Isin Alemdar, the Garden Igloo is both weather-proof and rust resistant, 100% recyclable, can be used all year round and is set up without tools in two hours.
Use it as a roof over your jacuzzi or hot tub so you can see the stars and keep out the bugs and cold. Let the kids camp out in the backyard or use it as a mobile greenhouse. It’s also great for yoga, reading, relaxing, cuddling, studying… providing you with a comfortable private space.
It’s large, too. With a diameter of 11′9″ and a max height is 7′2″. It takes up approximately 107 ft² of space.
It’s made of non-corrosive, 100 % recyclable PVC and PA6 materials. The transparent cover of Garden Igloo® is made of cold-resistant (-4°F) transparent soft PVC. Protecting it against excessive UV exposure and keeping it clean before storing will increase the life span of the cover.
It can withstand temps from -4°F to +140°F and exposure to sunlight of up to UV index 5. Under proper conditions* Garden Igloo withstands strong wind conditions (Beaufort scale 6 – approx. 31 mi/h).
The Garden Igloo can even handle snow. It can bear up to a maximum of 90 lbs of snow. If the snow on the dome reaches 6”, you should remove it with a broom or similar tool in order to prevent damage.
In winter close the windows and the dome will heat up several degrees, especially when it is very cold but the sun is out. It is also ideal for cutting out the wind chill factor. It will require roughly 40% less heating in winter than a standard greenhouse due to the geodesic shape. This is due to its low volume for its base area and the fact that its surface is always at right angles to the sun’s rays even in low winter sun, heating it up naturally.
With its two seasonal covers, it provides shade when it’s too hot and keeps out the cold while you’re waiting for summer to arrive – as a play area for children, storage area, garden shelter, greenhouse, jacuzzi cover or pavilion.
And now the igloo also protects you from mosquitos. Simply use the latest addition: the Garden Igloo Mosquito Net.
Setting it up video:
• MAXIMUM SOLAR GAIN – Sunlight is always transmitted at right angles throughout the day for four seasons.
• OPTIMAL AIR FLOW- Excellent air flow is maintained even in warm, still weather conditions. The heat inside is distributed evenly at all points.
• UNIFORM TEMPERATURE- The geodesic dome form is superior to conventional shaped rooms in sustaining better airflow and a uniform temperature inside.
• WIND AND SNOW RESISTANCE- The geodesic form of the dome allows for the most robust design possible to withstand the strong wind (up to 31 mi/h) or lying snow conditions (max. 90 lbs).
• SIZE MATTERS- Gardenigloo has a diameter of 11′ 9″. Max height is 7′ 2″. Base area is 107 ft²
Or shop their main site here