Daniel Jackson photographed the beautiful Drew Barrymore for the March issue of Harper’s Bazaar. Here’s a look at the shots for the cover and the editorial in the upcoming issue as well as a look at the star’s Red Carpet evolution over the years.
Drew Barrymore In Harper’s Bazaar
The Red Carpet Evolution of Drew Barrymore (Revised)
Apologies to Harper’s Bazaar, but my slideshow is better. And 34 images instead of 30.
I chose to replace several images of Drew at red carpet events because I felt I found better photos than those that Harper’s Bazaar had included. Either better images of the gowns, or more flattering photos of Drew. I also chose to add four more images from other premieres and red carpet events.
1. Drew at the 1983 Oscars:
2. Demonstrating a precocious talent for red carpet elegance at the 1984 People’s Choice Awards.
3. Barrymore in a zigzag-patterned gown at the London premiere of Scream in 1997.
4. In 1998, the Ever After star wears a fairy-tale-worthy frock to an event in Italy.
5. Barrymore chose an embellished deep-red number for the 1998 premiere of Home Fries.
6. Whimsy alert: Ever-playful Barrymore adds a double dose of daisies to a glittering gown at the 1998 Academy Awards.
7. Everything’s coming up roses for Barrymore, in a blooming floral design at the 1998 premiere of The Wedding Singer.
8. For the 2003 premiere of Charlie’s Angels 2: Full Throttle Barrymore goes for sexy over angelic with a revealing suit.
9. Red pumps popped against Drew’s low-cut lace number at the 2004 premiere of 50 First Dates.
11. Drew ratcheted up the glam factor in a strapless peekaboo lace gown at the 2006 Met Gala.
12. Barrymore celebrates her appointment as CoverGirl spokeswoman in a cheerfully hued Carolina Herrera dress in 2007.
13. Barrymore in a draped Donna Karan gown at the New York premiere of Music and Lyrics in 2007.
14. Pockets: the smartest thing to happen to formal gowns since getting rid of hoops. Two arms full of bangles set off the metallic accents on Drew’s Roberto Cavalli halter gown at the L.A. premiere of Music and Lyrics.
15. Drew makes fashion lovers’ hearts sing in this strapless silver John Galliano number at the London premiere of Music and Lyrics.
16. Drew at the 2006 Borat Premier in a Marc Jacobs blouse and Versace pants:
17. Going green in a Christian Dior gown at the Tribeca Film Festival premiere of Lucky You in 2007.
18. Monique Lhuillier created the blush-colored confection Drew wore to the 2009 Emmys.
20. At the L.A. premiere of Grey Gardens in an Andrew Ng gown with a jeweled halter neck.
21. Glam in Alberta Ferretti at the New York premiere of Grey Gardens in 2009.
22. Barrymore in a showstopping Alexander McQueen design at a Toronto International Film Festival screening of Whip It.
23. Drew Barrymore wears L’Ren Scott to the Whip It premiere in Los Angeles:
24. Barrymore goes for retro glamour at the 2009 premiere of He’s Just Not That Into You in a Lanvin cocktail dress with swinging ponytail and bold cateye liner.
25. For an appearance on the Late Show with David Letterman Barrymore in 2009 goes for flamenco glamour in a body-skimming Giambattista Valli dress.
26. In an electric violet dress by Victoria Beckham at the 2009 premiere of Everybody’s Fine
27. Drew wore Pucci to the Everybody’s Fine Screening in New York, 2009
28. Old Hollywood glamour was the look of the day with this embellished nude number by Atelier Versace at the 2010 Golden Globes.
29. Barrymore offsets a bold blue Monique L’huillier gown with pale makeup at the 2010 SAG Awards.
30. In 2010 Barrymore rocks a gilded Catherine Malandrino gown with thigh-high slit for the Going the Distance Los Angeles premiere.
31. Barrymore goes bold in an orange Jil Sander gown for Covergirl’s 50th anniversary in 2011.
32. Kopelman and Barrymore in Chanel Couture make a sophisticated impression at the 2011 MoMA Film Benefit honoring Pedro Almodovar.
33. Barrymore gets graphic in a printed Ports 1961 long sleeve gown at the 2012 Big Miracle Washington premiere.
34. A pregnant Barrymore steps onto the red carpet at the New York City Ballet’s spring gala in 2012 in Chanel with her fiance Will Kopelman.
Drew Barrymore Red Carpet Pictures courtesy of Harper’s BAZAAR and Wire Image, Zimbio, Getty and Just Jared