Polaris, who now owns Indian Motorcycles (and Victory, too) has been busy building new bikes. The latest is the very rare (only 35 are available) 2013 Indian Chief Vintage Limited Edition. Capitalizing on its classic heritage, it exudes Indian style and tradition. With its Two-tone Pearl White & Thunder Black Paint scheme, chrome highway pegs, arrow-style shift rods, quick-detach passenger backrest and luggage rack – it’s a bike that turns heads, whether it’s parked or cruising down Main Street.
Indian Chief Vintage LE
The press release:
Indian Motorcycle is proud to debut for 2013 the elegant and powerful Chief Vintage Limited Edition. Featuring a pearl white and thunder black two-tone paint scheme, this bike is sure to turn heads on the open road. The LE also features stylish chrome accents, including chrome highway pegs and a chrome arrow-style shift rod that add a custom touch to this already striking motorcycle.
The Limited Edition offers more than just great looks. The quick detach passenger backrest and luggage rack allows you to go from cruising around with your crew to riding your favorite scenic route with someone special in no time.
This iconic motorcycle harkens back to Indian’s roots, but features a paint scheme that will never go out of style. Indian Motorcycle will produce only 35 LE Units, priced at $37,899 U.S. and $39,899 CAD.
Along with the limited edition, Indian will continue to produce the Chief Vintage in Indian Red, Indian Red and Ivory Cream, and Willow Green and Ivory Cream. The Classic will reappear in Solid Thunder Black and Solid Indian Red; and the Dark Horse will be available in Thunder Black Smoke. The bikes are already available and began shipping in August of this year.
• Chromed spoke wheels (standard)
• Chrome Highway Pegs(optional addition)
• Distressed Leather Saddlebags (standard)
• Quick detach Passenger Backrest and Luggage Rack (optional addition)
• PowerPlus 105ci Engine (standard)
• Chrome Arrow Style Shift Rod (optional addition)
• Tanks Mounted Speedometer and Controls (standard)
• Two-tone Pearl White & Thunder Black Paint scheme
• Engine Type: Power Plus, Air-Cooled
• Displacement: 105 Cubic Inches
• Bore x Stroke: 3.966″ x 4.25″
• Compression Ratio: 9 to 1
• Fuel System: Closed Loop Sequential Port Fuel Injection
STARTING AT $37,899 US MSRP (subject to change)