You may recall using the classic 4-Color retractable Bic Pen as a child. First created in 1970, the iconic pen that allows you to change from black, blue, red or green ink with a flick has been reinterpreted as a unique and luxurious writing instrument by contemporary pop sculptor Richard Orlinski for Bic X Tournaire.
Orlinski Tournaire Bic Pens
Now more than a pen but also a work of art, the BIC 4-color pen has been given a makeover. Dressed in the facets for which French artist Orlinksi is known and realized by French Jewelers, Maison de jouaillerie Tournaire, the limited edition comprises three universes of French manufacturing.
Should money be no object, there’s the Ultra-limited collection; made of real gold – yellow, white or pink gold, with or without diamonds. These are numbered with only 8 copies made and can be found in Tournaire boutiques and on their website.
The luxury versions shown above are available for purchase here
The More Affordable Versions
For the rest of us, however, there’s the “Bronze” collection of limited editions in three more affordable versions: a pink gold-plated bronze, a yellow gold-plated bronze and a white palladium-plated bronze version.
All pens are made by hand in France and meet the same exacting criteria as jewelry with the jewellery know-how of Maison Tournaire. In order to preserve exclusivity, the pens are numbered and limited to 999 copies each and offered at a price of $412 USD or €390.
BIC 4 Colors BIC x Orlinski x Tournaire – Yellow gold bronze
BIC 4 Colors BIC x Orlinski x Tournaire – Palladium bronze
BIC 4 Colors BIC x Orlinski x Tournaire – Rose gold bronze
• Collector: Notice to lovers of the BIC 4 Color pen, this limited edition model could well become the centerpiece of your collection. But it won’t be for everyone…
• Exceptional: Available in only 999 copies, the BIC 4 Colors is numbered and delivered in a box with a certificate of authenticity
• Classic revisited: Find all the features of the BIC 4 Colors pen in this limited edition BIC x Orlinski x Tournaire
• Impeccable quality: Its 4 medium nibs of 1.0 mm offer a perfect line for clean and precise writing
• Made to last: This exceptional ballpoint pen recharges in an instant. Unscrew its body, and simply replace your cartridges
• 100% French: This retractable pen is made in France, in one of the BIC factories and in the jewelry workshop of Maison Tournaire, with world-renowned know-how.