Some people simply cannot get out of bed in the morning. You’ve got the snooze-button sleepers, the sleep-right-through-the-alarm sleepers, the woke-up-on-the-wrong-side of the bed sleepers and those who need to wake gradually. For these people, here are 8 options to the typical bedside alarm clock.
Atypical Alarm Clocks
No more running late, no more Mr. Grumpy Pants, no more excuses. The following alarm clocks can do everything from literally make you get out of bed to engaging you in game play. One will assault you aurally and shake the bed while another will let you wake to the smell of brewing tea. So take a look at the following, maybe you’ll start your day differently from now on.
For those who continually hit the sleep button and roll over, you’ve got to get them OUT of bed. Pressure sensitive floor mats that require you stand upon them for a minimum of three seconds or a clock that runs away from you and must be captured to be deactivated are sure to do that.
• Ruggie needs to sense your pressure for a full 3 seconds to stop the very loud alarm. If 3 seconds isn’t enough for the ‘wake the dead’ type sleeper, you can prolong it up to 30 seconds.
• Wake up to personalized motivational MP3’s that reward you for getting out of bed! Simply connect Ruggie via USB and upload using our free software.
• Incredibly soft and fluffy fabric wrapped around slow-rebounding memory foam.
• Modern design will look great in any room despite its function.
2. Witwatia Pressure Sensitive Alarm Clock
Another Rug/Carpet Alarm Clock that only stops when you stand on it. This is a less expensive version of the Original Ruggie above. Available in one color (natural), the alarm cannot be prolonged up to three minutes.
But other than that, it’s almost identical.
$59.99 USD, buy it here
3. Nanda Clocky Alarm Clock on Wheels
Especially great for kids, cute little Clocky with his big wheels will roll right off the dresser or bedside table and keep on rolling until you’ve picked it up and turned its beeping off.
• Jumps from your nightstand up to 3 feet high
• Runs away beeping
• Sounds like R2D2
• Snooze once or disable snooze
• Option to disable wheels
Clocky in chrome, black, rasberry, aqua or white.
Starting at $39.99 here depending upon color.
4. Lock N’ Load Infrared Gun Shooting Alarm Clock
The following alarm clock requires you take aim with an infrared laser gun and shoot the target to deactivate the alarm. It will both improve your accuracy and your mood – since you can get your anger out first thing in the a.m. by shooting something in the face.
• Gun deactivated alarm mode with easy (1 shot) or hard (5 shot) settings. Shoot the target to turn off the alarm. Place the gun near your bed for easy access in the morning.
• 2 Game modes: Reaction tester & Accuracy tester
• Alarm Clock with 12 hour am/pm display
• Laser Gun with recoil and 15m + range.
Available in white, black or camo
$14-$25 USD depending upon color, buy them here
Ah, the gentle awakening. For the lighter sleepers – or the unemployed – there are alarm clocks that simulate the rising sun. They can also produce white noise and/or wake you with music as well as interact with other smart devices.
5. Philips Wake-Up Light with Sunrise Simulation
Available with or without a radio, Phillips bedside clock will wake you as if you are rising with the sun. Nicley designed, it looks good from all angles.
• Sunrise simulation wakes you up gradually
• Wake up to 2 natural sounds or FM radio
• Includes a tap-to-snooze function
• Bedside light with 10 light settings
Philips SmartSleep HF3500/60 Wake-Up Light Therapy Alarm Clock with Sunrise Simulation, White.
$42.99 USD, buy it here
Also available with a radio in black as shown above.
$89.99 USD, Buy it here
6. BEDDI Smart Radio Alarm Clock Speaker with Smart Home Integration
This is the smartest alarm clock on our list. Designed by WITTI to pair with your smart devices, this can charge your phone or tablet with it’s multiple ports, generate white noise or simulate the sunlight to wake you and has Bluetooth and Spotify integration. Three buttons allow you to integrate it with other devices of your choice so you can toggle your Philips Hue light, trigger your Homekit Scene, adjust your room temperature via Nest or even call an Uber!
• Easy to use app controlled alarm clock with auto time sync
• Sleep better with white noise generator and wake up naturally with sunrise simulating wake-up light
• Charge your phone and tablet with 2 USB charging ports (2.1A + 1A)
• Listen to your favorite music with two high quality Bluetooth speakers and Spotify integration
• Personalize BEDDI with three customizable buttons that interact with your other smart home devices
$49.99 USD, Buy it here
7. SWAN Bedside Teasmade and Alarm Clock
While it’s no Barisieur Alarm Clock Combo Coffee Maker (which is still in production), the UK brand SWAN makes a charming vintage style bedside combination alarm clock tea brewer. Once the water has boiled, the alarm will go off.
• Tea maker and alarm clock all in one!
• 20oz capacity and rapid boiling water function
• Compact bedside design
• Wired exclusively for the US/Canadian market
• Alarm function that sounds after boiling is complete
• 20oz, White
$79.99 USD Buy it here
8. Sonic Alert’s Sonic Bomb Loud Dual Alarm Clock with Bed Shaker
And finally, if you’ve got to wake the dead, this alarm clock isn’t only extra LOUD, it will actually shake your bed to wake your tired ass up.
• Turbo charged loud, vibrating alarm clock
• Shakes you awake with powerful bed shaker and adjustable extra loud alarm
• Built-in pulsating alert lights
• Adjustable volume and tone
• Snooze defuser
• 113db extra-loud alarm with adjustable tone & volume control
• Packaged with our newest most powerful 12 volt bed shaker
• 5-level dimmer & test function to ensure your clock is setup properly
• Dual Alarm and equipped with 12/24 hour time capability
• Built-in red flashing alert lights, and battery backup
Available in black, blue, red, pink, camo and turquoise:
$34.99- $54.99 USD, buy it here
Note: Many of the above have knock-offs from various countries for lower prices. If you choose to go with one of those, be wary.