You’ll find that the classic arcade game PAC-MAN has appeared within Google Maps – with the streets as your maze. For a short period of time, Avenues and Boulevards have turned into a playing field for the 80’s game and you have the option to chase the dots and outrun the ghosts as Google’s April Fools gift to you.
Avoid Blinky, Pinky, Inky, (and Clyde!) as you swerve the streets of some famous places around the world. But eat the pac-dots fast, because this game will only be around for a little while. If you do know how to play Pac-Man, the game rules are at the end of this post.
How Do I do This?
It’s pretty self-explanatory on your computer (just click the Pac Man icon in the lower left of the screen at https://www.google.com/map).
Most of you will be able to play PAC-MAN from Google maps, you just need to have the latest version of the following browsers on your computer:
• Google Chrome
• Internet Explorer
Or, play from the latest version of the Google Maps for mobile app (versions 4.4 for iOS and 9.6 for Android).
How to play on your mobile device:
• Open the Google Maps app maps.
• Search for a place you think PAC-MAN might be. Get hints now.
• If you find a location, a button will appear with a PAC-MAN image.
• Touch the PAC-MAN button .
Your map will change to a game board and you can start playing.
Can’t find PAC-MAN?
You might need to pan and zoom a bit to find PAC-MAN.
How to control PAC-MAN
Swipe with your finger to change PAC-MAN’s direction.
Play more or share your score
After you run out of your 5 lives, you can click Try again to keep playing or Share your score to tell others.
Get a clue
You can only play PAC-MAN in a few places on your mobile device. Use these hints to figure out where!
• Don’t drop the ball on the eve of your victory!
• Triumph is délicieux.
• Does a Galaxian bonus await at the top of those 272 steps?
• Chomp your way to independence down seven lanes of July.
• PAC-MAN and Ms. PAC-MAN can’t agree on which side is prettier: the American or the Canadian. Which side do you fall on, eh?
• After a chat with the Sphinx, PAC-MAN sounds more like “Dokki Dokki”.
• Pause game play to admire Chagall’s stained glass windows and have a bit of chocolate.
• Can you score 10^(10^100) points?
• Whether they’re flashing blue or sporting their natural colors, Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and Clyde are always kakkoii. Even Vogue agrees they’re living in the trendiest of neighborhoods.
• Previous PAC-MAN lives don’t get to rest in a white marble mausoleum.
• Head to the valley of the sun and earn your grade in the art of the game.
• How well can you navigate the radiating streets of the distrito federal?
• Victory is like gothic glockenspiel musik to our ears.
• Pay special attention to Blinky – he might blend in with the dreaming red kangaroos!
• You’ll find the Beach PAC-MAN World Cup here before long.
Or, click Play again in the real world to play PAC-MAN in augmented reality with Ingress.
For those of you who never played the arcade game and would like to try it on your computer or mobile device, here are the game’s instructions:
PAC-MAN avoids the ghosts pac-dots score 10 points each PAC-MAN can eat power pellets to attack the ghosts
- Beware of flashing ghosts, which are about to change back to dangerous colors
Ghost point value